M9117 Capillary Pressure & Resistivity System
- Core Length: up to 3 in.
- Core Diameter: 1.5 in. (other options avail.)
- Capillary Pressure: 145 psi
- Max Pressure: 10,000 psi | Max Temperature: 302°F
M9117 Capillary Pressure and Resistivity System
The Grace Instrument M9117 Capillary Pressure and Resistivity System is designed to examine capillary curves (both positive and negative) and check the electrical resistivity index as a determination of core sample saturation at reservoir conditions.
The system also includes a core holder made of hydrophobic and hydrophilic ceramics and uses electronodes patterns for resistivity measurement. An automatic pumping system measures fluid control, while a resistivity cell has been installed for resistivity measurement.
Saturation and cementation exponents ("n" and "m", respectively) as well as the formation factor can be calcuated during testing.
|Max confining pressure: 10,000 psi (700 bar)|
|Max pore pressure: 10,000 psi (700 bar)|
|Working Temperature: Up to 302°F|
|Capillary pressure range: 145 psi (± 10 bar)|
|Core length: up to 3 inches|
|Core Diameter: 1.5 inches (other sizes available upon request)|
|Power Supply: 220 VAC, 50/60 Hz|
|Brine wetted material: Stainless Steel (with optional Hastelloy)|
- Determines positive and negative pressure curves
- Uses electrical resistivity index for core sample saturation capacity
- Calculates Saturation exponent "n"
- Calculates Cementation exponent "m"
- Core holder of Hydrophilic and hydrophobic ceramics used for resistivity measurement
- Resisitivity cell used for brine resisitivity measurement
- Automated pumping system used for fluid control
- Temperature-controlled bath houses entire instrument